Monday 24 February 2014

Widgets

Harvey saved me!!



Today I had my breadth subject exam – ‘Effective learning techniques of professional development'. Oh wait! Don’t horrify about the course name. It has got only long title but nothing special in it. They should give us at least two numbers to remember such a long name of the course. But why I am telling you this? Because I had a very interesting situation in the exam that I think worth telling to you guys. 


There was a question in the paper that, being a smart entrepreneur how would you resolve the interpersonal conflicts in your organization using the emotional intelligence. And they asked us to give the example we might know. First part of the question was OK, but in the example part I didn’t recall any situation about conflicts in organization in detail with names. I thought for a moment, and what I get is the picture of Harvey Specter and Louis Litt from TV series Suits, fighting with each other.


  

There was no other option and Ma’am has already told us that your paper should be full of creative answers and I would able to get some new things after reading your answers. So I started the example part by how Jessica Pearson handles Harvey and Louis and converts their extreme desire to becoming better than other to grow her law firm. It is best example of how jealousy of one another creates interpersonal conflicts in the organization. Actually Harvey never wants to be better, he is already the great and absolute winner and that and that only thing makes Louis insecure and he envies him. It is the important quality of senior manager to isolate such personalities and get best out of them. Because when personal image is at stake, performance flourishes. That’s what Jessica does. Jessica is biased to Harvey but also knows the potential of Louis and she could not afford to lose him. Harvey has not only winning attitude, but it is in his veins. Harvey’s winning attitude and Louis’s contacts makes her firm better.




Those who didn't watch Suits I should say must watch if you are going to start any series. It is a corporate drama. If you love to watch TV series with best dialogues and perfectionist hero, then it is for you. 4th season I hope will air before April.

~Digvijay Sanjay Patil

0 comments :

Post a Comment